Google is back with the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, perhaps two of the most-anticipated phones of the year. Here’s what you need to know about the company’s new flagship smartphones. Here is the Google Pixel 2 XL First Look details.
Features of Google Pixel 2 XL Smartphone
The Google Pixel 2 comes in three colors.
- Just Black
- Clearly White
- Kinda Blue
The Google Pixel 2 XL comes in three colors.
- Just Black
- Black & White (black front, white back, and an orange power button)
There are no much differences on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL too far off from their predecessors, at least on the back. Both devices feature a mostly-aluminium chassis, complete with the glass panel towards the top of the device. This time, the glass is much shorter and doesn’t cover the fingerprint sensor like it did with last year’s phones. The camera sensor on the rear is larger this time around, too.
Pixel 2 XL goes the more modern route with its 6.0-inch 2,880 x 1,440 P-OLED display with an 18:9 aspect ratio.
Always-On Display will now continually listen to audio playing around you (if you choose to enable it), which allows it to show you song information without the need to unlock and ask it manually. Just tap on the song title from the Always-On Display, and Google Assistant will bring up relevant information relating to that song.
- An octa-core 2.35 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- An Adreno 430 GPU
- 4 GB of RAM
Pixel 2 comes with both 64 GB and 128 GB internal memory. That would be sufficient to meet the current requirements.
Pixel 2 XL has some of the important features added with sensors like Active Edge, Pixel Imprint, Magneto meter, Hall Effect Sensor and Barometer.
The wallpapers included in the Pixel 2 XL are very nice and animated. The launcher GUI is upgraded and the google search is included in the bottom of the screen. That position helps you to get access to the search a little bit easily.
Pixel 2 XL has a feature called Now Playing. If you enable the Now Playing option, the microphone will be listening to the nearby sounds. These microphone listen to the song playing in your background and actively display the name of the song on the front screen in locked position itself. In addition to that you can click on the information to get more details about the song as well.
- Primary 12.2 MP, f/1.8, OIS, phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED flashPrimary 12.2 MP, f/1.8, OIS, phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Secondary 8 MP, f/2.4, 1/3.2″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, 1080p
The amazing thing in the Pixel 2 XL is its camera. Both front and rear Cameras are amazing with Auto Focus. Rear Camera is capable for recording 4k videos and the front camera can capture videos in full HD.
The battery is not that big in its capacity. However the power distribution and management provides efficiency for the 2700 mAh battery. More over it support fast charging, 15 minutes of charge can provide 7 hours of standby usage time. The Pixel 2 comes with a much smaller 2,700 mAh battery while the Pixel 2 XL sports a 3,520 mAh cell.
Google Pixel 2 XL price and release date
- $120 more than last year’s Pixel XL, further widening the gap between Pixel 2 options
- At this point, most who pre-order will have device in-hand by end of November
- eSIM technology is great, but works only with Project Fi in the US
- The Google Pixel 2 XL release date was October 19 in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany and India.