New Ford Ecosport 2017 launched in India and its trending now in automobile market. After breaking cover globally at Los Angeles Auto Show at 2016, it is now been launched in India. According to Wikipedia, Ford EcoSport. The Ford EcoSport (pronounced echo sport) is a subcompact crossover SUV, originally built in Brazil by Ford Brazil since 2003, at the Camaçari plant. A second generation concept model was launched in 2012, being also assembled in new factories in India, Thailand and Russia.
- Petrol variant - 1.5 litre, 3 Cyl Ti-VCT Dragon engine with a 6-Speed automatic or 5-Speed manual
- Diesel variant - 1.5 TDCi
- New large front grille
- New large fog lamps
- Restyled bumpers
- New roof rails
- New 17" alloy with a new pattern
- The new automatic is smooth and the gear changes are very quick
- A cooled glove box
- Tilt/telescopic steering
- Dual airbags and ABS are standard across all variants
- A reverse camera
- 6 airbags
- Climate control
- A large 8" touchscreen with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Keyless entry
- start stop button
- Reverse parking sensors
As per Ford 1600 of the close to 2000 parts on the EcoSport are all new and so it would be fair to say that it does go a bit further than being simply a facelift in the true sense.
The EcoSport will continue to be produced at Ford India's facility near Chennai. The manufacturing facility also makes the model for export markets and will be shipping the SUV to the US as well.